Free first-year tuition and on- and off-campus job opportunities are available this fall for Windward Oʻahu high school graduates enrolling at Windward Community College.
the Hoʻolei The tuition award offers full tuition for the first year – fall and spring semesters – at Windward CC for 2022 Graduates of Windward Public and Charter Schools Oʻahu. The award offers tuition savings of up to $3,144 and, for many, a chance to go to college.
Jobs on and off campus will allow students to work, earn money, and gain valuable experience while pursuing their education. In the wind CC offers on-campus jobs with flexible hours to support students during class hours and exam times, and partners with Windward-area businesses that provide college-friendly workplaces.
“Hoʻolei enables our students to pursue rewarding and often better paying college studies and careers to which they open doors, growing students and supporting our families and communities. Our elders are our future community leaders! Hoʻolei, thanks to the generosity of the Harold KL Castle Foundation, offers the possibility of going to university and a path to leadership! said Windward CC Chancellor Ardis Eschenberg.
Senior graduates in HawaiiThe Class of 2022 can apply now for the upcoming Summer and Fall 2022 semesters at kamaaina.hawaii.edu.
Helping students persevere during COVID-19
In the wind CC has made a significant commitment to meeting the needs of students during the COVID-19 pandemic by providing food to hungry students through the Meals with a Mission program.
Now $400,000 in tuition support is available for high school graduates attending Windward CC over the next two years. the Hoʻolei The Tuition Award was established through a grant from the Harold KL Castle Foundation. Learn more about Windward CCit’s Hoʻolei tuition scholarship program, email [email protected] or visit the Hoʻolei Web page.
In the wind CC also includes the Hānaiaulu Child Care Center, the only Hawaiian language-based child care center in the uh system, which provides students with access to quality infant and toddler care.
Innovative program offers
With superb facilities such as the Palikū Theater, 65,000 square foot library, ‘Iolani Gallery, Hōkūlani Imaginarium and some of the best art studios and science labs in the state, Windward CC isn’t just a great place to learn, it’s a place to experience what’s possible.
“They care so much about my future. To connect to auditions with theater companies to help me get scholarships. I’m so grateful for all of these opportunities that have been given to me,” Windward said. CC theater student Alysia-Leila Kepaa.
Part of the unique range of programs offered at Windward CC include:
- Hawaiiʻiloathe world’s first online Hawaiian studies degree, which is offered to Hawaii diaspora in a series of 8-week courses taken two at a time.
- Core business8-week online courses taken two at a time fill Windward CCacademic subject certificate in commerce and prerequisites necessary to pass in uh Shidler College of Business in Manoa.
- liberal arts AA online degree focused on entrepreneurshipearn an associate’s degree in a series of 8-week online courses designed to help you start your own business.
- AS Diploma in Veterinary Technologythe first and only degree of its kind in Hawaiiand Certificate of Veterinary Assistanceleading to jobs in the field of veterinary medicine, now offered in hybrid format.
- Agripharmatech certificateAn entrepreneurial focus on the research, design, and manufacturing of plant-based bioproducts prepares students for work or higher education.
- Hawaii Performing arts conservatory, professional preparation in dance, theater and stage combat; students demonstrate their skills in award-winning performances at the Palikū Theater and beyond.
- KaʻohekaneOne-year performance-based Hawaiian Music Online Certificate.
- ʻIolani Gallery where design, ceramics and painting students exhibit their works.
- Unique Non-Credit Programs such as marine recreation safety, certified health care aides and leadership training, with a focus on workforce development.
“We cherish all the young people of Windward Oʻahu and I hope this tuition grant will make it a little easier for them to pursue their most ambitious dreams. And we hope many will launch those dreams at Windward Community College, a vibrant institution of learning in our own backyard,” said Alex Harris, Vice President of Programs at Harold KL Castle Foundation.
For more information about Windward CC programs, visit windward.hawaii.edu.